Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday PM, POD#2

2:00pm: Jeff and Deann Stratton are here, as well as Dave Branham and Tom & Royce Tait. Deann isn't into needles/blood/surgery/hospital-type stuff, so she walked in the room and kissed his forehead, then waltzed right back out! Matt held up a conversation with Dave a little (he'll be back tomorrow), and Jeff a little more. His friend from Ameriflight in SLC came (Simon Rush?) and had a chat. Matt's still sleepy and in-and-out today, so this was nice to see him talking a little.
2:30pm: He is ready for a shower; they have removed most of his IVs now so this is possible. I asked him if he would rather have male or female nurses, and he said "I'll do it myself". I said "oh no, that's not going to happen. Even if you're in a chair, you must be assisted. How about Starr? Will you let her help?" He didn't say anything, so I took that as a yes and told Starr she gets to be in charge of that since I would do it, but he would be embarrassed as hell.
2:50pm: I just got a text from her wondering if I wanted to do pics of the shower scene (I am documenting ALL the details so far) and my reply was "I would, but the whole penis thing might just upset both of us!" So sorry, folks...no private photos :)
3:30 pm: Starr is back from the shower; it was just him and her and he feels a lot better now. Haven't gone back in there yet because he needs to rest. He has gotten more headache pain every time he moves around so the last thing he needs is visitors.
It's weird seeing him like this. He's the big strong teddy bear...

2 comments:

  1. Honey, so sorry to hear about the chaos of the past week, but so glad there are facilities to help your brother and glad that you can be there with your family while he goes through surgery. Sending positive energy and healing thoughts your way.....

    ReplyDelete