Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday, Post Op

6:30 pm: more Fentanyl. Pulse 67 BP 146/85 O2 sats 99-100%, respiration rate 17. The BP is measured by a catheter into an artery in his wrist. Got some Zofran into the IV @ 6:30 because of nausea, but 10 minutes later was still nauseated so had to have an intramuscular injection of Tygan, which is stronger.
7:00: His right jaw is swollen, which is to be expected. They either went through the bone or the muscle to get to where they needed (didn't hear the details on that). Has had some ice chips, but isn't ready for food yet. Had some blood taken. He was obviously bugged with all the chatter in the room (surprisingly I wasn't in there at the time) because he said "be here, but shut up!". So the whispering began. When the RN was checking the tube on his catheter, he said "could you stop jacking that around?"  hahaha ...and was wondering when it was going to be taken out because it was like "riding a horse". Yep he is better. He asked to see pictures of postop, so we showed him what I had on my phone and he was disappointed it wasn't worse-looking. Of course, he's still bandaged; we don't know what the staples look like!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 


 



 


2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I am so glad you posted the updates. My dad told me about Matt just the other day. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I decided to check your blog. I'm a details person so thank you!! Matt sounds like he's doing well. Yippeeeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete